How to register in the library?
To become a reader you need to register and get a library card.
Documents required to obtain a library card:
- photograph (photo can be taken by the registration office) ;
- a library card is issued free of charge for 5 years. Re-registration takes place at the beginning of each academic year.
- in the subscription textbooks are given at home for 5 books for three days;
- Valuable textbooks, reference books and textbooks remaining in the last copy are not given out at home;
- Readers are required to present student documents upon receipt of the book;
- books received from the library must be returned on time;
- readers who have not returned books cannot receive the book until the book is returned;
- in the reading rooms, readers can get a book only upon presentation of a record book;
- disturbing the silence and order in the reading rooms is prohibited;
- readers may replace a lost or damaged book with the same book, or with a publication recognized by the library as being of equal value. In the absence of an opportunity, its real market value is produced;
- it is not allowed to transfer a library card and a record book to another person or receive literature with someone else’s document.
Rules for using the reading room:
- dooks in the reading room are issued with a library card;
- the issue of books is filled in by the reader against signature in the book form of each publication;
- it is not allowed to enter the reading room with personal, library books, newspapers – magazines and other printed publications. ;
- It is forbidden to take literature out of the reading room. In case of violation of this norm, readers are deprived of the right to use the library for a period established by the library administration.
Rights and obligations of the reader
Readers have the right:
- free use of all types of library and bibliographic information provided by the library;
- receive consulting services for the search and selection of sources of information;
- use the services of the electronic catalogue, the Internet and other information in the library.
The reader is not allowed:
- entrance to the library in outerwear;
- violation of silence and order in the premises of the library;
- extraction of unsigned books from the library;
- damage to library publications (marking them, drawing, tearing out sheets, washing off the cover);
- removal of cards from file cabinets and catalogues;
- access to office premises and book depositories is not allowed.
Rights and obligations of the library
The library has the right:
- carry out constant monitoring of the return to the library of borrowed books;
- in case the reader refuses to replace lost or damaged publications, the library has the right to recover from the reader 10 times the cost of this publication.
- the library organizes customer service in subscriptions, reading rooms and other places where books are borrowed;
- provides readers with free library services;
- in support of scientific and educational activities develops an electronic catalogue, bibliographic card indexes, lists, performs reference and information work;
- together with the departments is engaged in the promotion of significant content of printed works through exhibitions, conferences and other forms of mass work;
- the fund is written off and cleared of obsolete literature in a timely manner;
- maintains a card index of book supply;
- carries out the acquisition of the fund according to the profile of the departments and in accordance with the needs of users, conducts a subscription to periodicals;
- organizes a system of continuous professional development of librarians in order to deepen their professional competencies;
- organizes the main, auxiliary funds of publications and ensures their accounting, placement, storage mode.
The library must:
- the university library provides information services to the teaching staff, students, masters and graduate students, employees in accordance with the needs;
- promotion and preservation of the scientific and cultural heritage accumulated in the library funds;
- providing the necessary literature with the knowledge and professional needs of users;
- education of information culture of students, skills of work in the library on the basis of modern technologies.
The library has the right:
Based on the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On the Library”, the regulation on the library of organizations of higher professional education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the library independently determines:
- specific implementation of the goals and objectives specified in this provision;
- find sources of completing documents;
- implement the rules for using the library;
- the user may replace a lost or damaged edition with the same edition or replace it with an equivalent one, failing which, the user may recover its fair market value.
- is responsible for the safety of the fund and the property assigned to it, fire safety and other protection, provided that the library is provided with premises equipped with security and fire alarms, metal doors and window bars;
- timely accounting and write-off of library documents;
- organization of continuous service for library users.
Library and information services to library users are provided free of charge.
- replenishment of the book fund and ensuring their safety;
- quality library and information services;
- introduction and development of new information technologies;
- implementation of national and international library and information projects.